Invisalign teeth straightening in San Diego is a great option for those who don’t want to wear traditional metal bracket and wire braces. Invisalign is less painful and more convenient because you can remove it in order to eat and brush your teeth, something that is impossible with traditional braces.
To get the most out of your treatment, we’re sharing some tips and tricks to make sure that Invisalign straightens your teeth as quickly and as accurately as possible.
1. Floss every day. This is more important than ever. The aligners hold any gunk that’s left over after your cleaning routine up against your teeth. Be sure to thoroughly clean in between your teeth with floss every day.
2. Stick to the 48-hour instructions. For the first two days of each aligner tray, wear it as much as possible during the first 48 hours. Most orthodontists recommend only taking it out to brush your teeth, and then it should go right back in.
3. Commit to wearing them at least 22 hours every day. Invisalign teeth straightening in San Diego only works if you actually wear the trays for most of your day. If you are not willing to wear them at least 22 hours every single day, you won’t get fast, positive results from Invisalign.
4. Change your aligners on time and in the right order. You won’t make your treatment go faster if you put in different trays without being instructed to do so.
5. Be aware that they will feel strange at first, but you will get used to it. During the first couple of days, most people say that they can feel the aligners pushing against the teeth. This is not a painful sensation, but it is present.
6. The speech “learning curve” is steep. When you first put in your very first aligner, you will probably notice that you talk with a lisp. The best way to get rid of this is not to take out the tray, but to practice talking with the tray in.
7. Most people will not notice your aligners. One of the biggest issues that those who are considering Invisalign teeth straightening in San Diego have is that they feel like everyone will notice they are wearing the trays, but it’s just not true.
8. Know how to care for your aligners. The best way to clean your Invisalign trays is with warm water and antibacterial soap. It is not advised to use toothpaste to clean your trays, as this will scratch the plastic and create places for bacteria to live.
9. Stick to the dietary instructions. First of all, drink a lot of water. Some people produce a lot of extra salivate (the mouth is trying to clean out the weird obstruction it is feeling) and become quickly dehydrated. Follow all dietary restrictions recommended by your dentist.
10. Keep your mouth extra clean. Again, if your teeth and the trays themselves are not super clean, they can actually hold plaque and bacteria against your teeth.
11. Use a whitening toothpaste. Many Invisalign patients have found that whitening toothpaste is more effective during their treatment than prior to treatment. Hold off on other whitening treatments until after you are done with Invisalign.
12. Use your retainer properly. Often times, you are supposed to wear it all day for a few months and then wear it at night once instructed to. And don’t miss your follow-up appointments.
Think that Invisalign teeth straightening in San Diego might be the right solution for your perfect smile? Don’t put it off – call our office today to schedule a consultation and let’s determine if you are a candidate!