We meet a lot of patients who have stained or discolored teeth, and would like to make their smile whiter. Patients often ask our opinion about the best whitening toothpaste or whitening strips at the drugstore, so they can perform the whitening treatment on their own. But we urge them to get professional teeth bleaching in San Diego instead.
There is no substitute for a professional whitening treatment. You may find plenty of products available at the store, and some of them may actually work, but they will not achieve the amazing results that a professional whitening treatment can provide.
Reasons to Choose Professional Bleaching in San Diego
A professional whitening treatment offers several benefits that you cannot get from an over-the-counter product. These benefits include the following.
1. More Comprehensive Whitening: Whitening treatments purchased at the drugstore typically come in one size and strength to fit all types of teeth. They may provide good results on one patient’s teeth, while providing another with only a partial whitening.
2. Professional Strength: The whitening products sold in stores contain a small amount of whitening agent, usually around 3 percent peroxide. This may provide results for patients who have light stains on their teeth, but may not do much for those with severe stains.
3. Faster Treatment: The whitening products you purchase at the pharmacy may help you attain brighter teeth, but you may need to use them for weeks, or even months before you see noticeable results. With some products, you may not ever see the results you desire.
4. More Comfortable Treatment: Many patients who have used over-the-counter whitening treatments have reported pain and sensitivity. This can result from hydrogen ions penetrating the surface of the teeth or the whitening agent making contact with the lips or gums due to incorrectly sized trays or strips.
5. Teeth Bleaching in San Diego is Custom Designed: Most whitening treatments, especially trays and strips, are sold as one-size-fits-all. In reality, these rarely fit the majority of users, because each person’s smile comes in a different size and shape. Ill-fitting trays and strips are the biggest reason patients experience uneven whitening and sensitivity in the teeth and gums.
6. You Can Pick Your Shade: When you purchase a whitening treatment at the store, you have no control over how much whiter your teeth will become. The treatments typically provide different results for each user.
7. You Receive Expert Information: One of the biggest advantages to a professional teeth bleaching in San Diego comes from the knowledge the doctor possesses about teeth staining by performing an exam of your teeth to try and determine the cause of the stains.
8. Results That Will Last Longer: Unlike store-bought whitening treatments, a professional whitening treatment provides results that last a long time, especially using a take-home maintenance kit. This kit may include custom-fit trays and whitening gel to use at home, especially if you would like to see your teeth another shade or two brighter.
9. It’s The Safest Option: While a whitening treatment does not typically present safety concerns for most patients, whether performed in office or at home, a professional teeth bleaching in San Diego provides treatment in a safe environment, and can help right away if you experience issues with extreme sensitivity or other discomfort.
10. Smile with Confidence: Having your teeth professionally whitened will encourage you to present your best smile to the world, resulting in increased confidence. Patients find this increase in confidence helps them become more outgoing.
People generally perceive those with bright, white teeth as healthier, friendlier, and more successful. Why leave the brightness of your smile to chance, when you can get a professional teeth bleaching in San Diego and walk out with a smile up to ten shades brighter?
Call us today to schedule a consultation so we can discuss the goals and options for your beautiful smile!